Let me first begin with telling you I have the most amazing friends a girl could ask for...really anyone could ask for. Even though I live hundreds of miles away from most of you, you continue to amaze me with our friendships. So, this post is by no means to discount our friendship. I cherish each and every one of you more than you know.
As some of you know, a dear friend of mine, Ashley had her little baby last Thursday. There are no words to describe our friendship. Ashley probably knows more about me and my annoying tendencies or what I'm going to say before I do! She and I were two peas-in-a-pod and can't really think of another person I would love to be more like. She was the planner, I was more spur of the moment. She was more cautious (probably to keep us out of trouble) I was an instigator. She was my rock through just about every challenging aspect of my life. It's crazy to think that she is now a mother, but I can't imagine anyone that will be any better.
I thought today about some of girlfriends that have had babies this year and it made me realize something extremely special. Fultz's Emersyn turned 1 year ago yesterday. My friend from elementary school, Lindsay had her baby boy in November. Savannah had her little girl a few days after Valentine's. And now Ashley has her little one. It's amazing that I'm just now realizing this, but I've realized such an incredible thing about friendship this year and really just this week. I realized this week after Riggs made his precious debut that I am literally so in love with someone that I don't even know. I'm dying for pictures posted or for updates from Mom and Dad on how they're adjusting. It's honestly a love that you can't really explain and I'm not even the one with the baby!! I already love their baby almost as much as them. I've discovered that, that's what true friendship is. You don't have to talk to that person every day or see them every weekend or even every Christmas. True friendship is measured by loving something about them that you don't even know or know how to explain. I have been lucky enough to experience that 4 times this year.
I cannot wait to meet Riggs and my blessing for him is that he finds precious friends like Ashley and Watson. I pray that he gets to experience the joy and friendship like his Mom and Dad have shared with George and myself for years and years. xoxoxoxo
![]() |
| We were in each other's weddings and our husbands were also in each other's weddings! My wedding 2007 |
| Countless Game Days together |
| Traveled the world together-Italy 2010 |
I cannot wait to add a plus one to our crew of 4...I have a feeling little Riggs is going to be a fabulous addition!
xoxoxo

Katherine, I couldn't have put it better myself. There is something to be said about new life making us take a second and really appreciate the relationships that we have formed with others. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful group of friends...and you're right, we don't have to talk everyday or even every month but we know that there is a foundation there that cannot be broken and we can pick up where we left off at any time. Love you lots!
ReplyDeleteWe are truely blessed to have one another. Our girlfriends have a foundation that nothing could break. Love this post!
ReplyDelete