Stripes

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Most Beautiful Place on Earth


I was looking at Facebook this morning (shocker!) and found the most horrific news about a place I visited in Italy a couple of years ago.  One of our stops was Vernazza in Cinque Terre.  We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast called La Mala for 3 nights.  I am not exaggerating when I say this town is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life.  They suffered a massive mudslide and flooding at the end of October.  This town is only accessible by 1 road, train or a boat.  It is extremely secluded and it looks as if they are having trouble getting it cleaned up.  I feel terrible for this community and hope they can resume life back to normal soon.  I included a link to show you how it looks right now.  The pictures below are from my trip a few years ago.



Clock Tower in Vernazza

View from our balcony...incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment