It’s pretty obvious what’s on my mind based on this
blog. It’s kind of funny actually to go
back and read through some of the posts and they typically directly correlate
to something that’s going on with me or around me in my life. Tonight I am worried. Maybe worried isn’t the best word, but a
heavy heart no doubt.
Did you know it was breast cancer awareness month? You probably would have to be living under a
rock if you didn’t, but none the less I hope you’ve thought about it. A dear friend from childhood received
shocking news Friday afternoon. Earth
shattering news at the age of 28.
Twenty-eight. A wife and a mother
of a little one received news she had Stage 3 breast cancer. Absolutely devastating for her. However, despite the shock and worry she is
facing this head on. This girl is
tenacious, free spirited and hilarious so there is no doubt in my mind she will
beat this. It’s just who she is. This doesn’t mean that she will not need a
lot of prayers and positive aspirations as she takes on this journey. Just because she is brave doesn’t mean she
can do it alone.
You hear about people getting breast cancer all the time…nearly
once a week you hear about a new person who either has breast cancer or has
beaten breast cancer. It’s always So and
So’s Mother or that girl you went to high school with or maybe someone else’s
friend. It’s just not usually someone
you really know especially when you’re my age.
Maybe that’s changing though, maybe my age is the new norm for breast
cancer…it’s scary to think, but you do hear about it. It’s sickening really how common cancer has
become.
I hope you take this month seriously. I know it kicked me into reality hearing this
information. I find it very brave of her
to make the appointment to find out more about something she questioned. I guess the lesson is if you feel something
that doesn’t seem right, take the benefit of the doubt and get it checked. After all, it could happen to you as it did
for this incredible and brave young woman.
Find more info about breast cancer here:
No comments:
Post a Comment