Stripes

Monday, December 12, 2011

Lindsay

I had one of the best weekends!  I went home to Nashville to get out of George’s hair so he could get some stuff done without me distracting him.  My Mom and I crafted and cooked all weekend!  I also got to visit a dear friend’s new baby Saturday morning. 

Let me just tell you about Lindsay.  794-1204.  She and I essentially grew up together and have remained close almost our whole lives.  I met her at the age of 5 (actually probably sooner than that because she was really good friends with my friend Elizabeth Blake, or Leigh Leigh…actually I can’t remember how we spelled it.  Only her old friends know her by her “Real Name.”  But anyways….so it’s very possible I knew Lindsay earlier than 5.  She and I got to be great friends and we luckily lived really close…about 2 miles.  She and I would ride bikes back and forth when we got old enough.  We did everything together, even starting a babysitter’s club.  That’s not even the worst of it.  We were obsessed at a young age with being Mommas.  Lindsay and I played American Girl dolls until an embarrassing age, so embarrassing that I will not disclose it.  We played house all the time, almost every time we got together when we were younger….or not so young.  We would set up her room like two separate apartments.  Our husbands were always away at war and we had to care for the 12 children.  Oh gosh, she is going to kill me for telling all this!

  I knew Lindsay would always be a wonderful mother, after all,  I had seen her in action for years caring for her favorite doll, Molly!  When she told me she was pregnant early spring I was so excited.  Crazy excited!  It’s so fun to see such a dear friend that you have spent most of your life loving and adoring,   having their very own baby.  Amazing.  I got to visit Linds this weekend along with her 3 week old precious baby, Jack Henry Nickell (and a great bonus surprise her cousin, Katye whom I adore!!).   He is so cute, and I am grateful Katye got a photo of me with the baby!  Congratulations to my dear friend who has been a mother of 8, war-stricken widow, survivor of earthquakes and other tragedies in previous lifetimes.  Love you Linds!

No comments:

Post a Comment