Stripes

Friday, November 16, 2012

City Under Water

One of my all time favorite trips is when George and I went to Italy with Ashley and Watson.  Seriously...the best company, the best food and wine and the most beautiful scenery I've ever laid my eyes on.  The past week Tuscay, Rome and Venice have experienced devastating flooding.  The worst has probably been in Venice for obvious reason, but I included some of the pictures from my trip to give you a point of reference.


Picture from my trip of a restaurant and jazz bar at Piazza San Marco (Venice) 


Picture from my trip of tourists and vendors at Piazza San Marco (Venice) 


Gorgeous canal in Venice (my pic)


Piazza San Marco this week
(picture from Washington Post)


Business owner trying to keep his doors open and the water out
(picture from Washington Post)


Piazza San Marco
(Boston.com)


This is why I love Italy!  Despite the biggest flood in 150 years, they turn devastation into a reason to spend time with friends!
(Boston.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment